I set up the alpha mediawiki and went to install checkuser. I ran install.php on the command-line, and it showed:
...cu_changes table added.
recentchanges is empty; nothing to add.
...log file missing, skipping log import.
I then proceeded to add user rights, including checkuser, and it showed:
Jump to: navigation, search
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "efUpdateCheckUserData". MySQL returned error "1146: Table 'wikidb.mw_cu_changes' doesn't exist (localhost)".
Effectively the table(s) were not created, and re-running the script didn't help.
OS: Windows XP