|operations/puppet||production||+11 -5||Scap3: deploy logstash/plugins with scap3|
|operations/software/logstash/plugins||master||+12 -0||Deployment via scap3|
Ideally we could find a time to do the first deployment via scap3 together so that we can catch any problems that may arise on either side.
The transition steps are, roughly:
- merge https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/354466/ and ensure that patch is on tin/$DEPLOYMENT_SERVER
- stop puppet on targets and merge https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/354472/2
- run puppet on the deployment servers, tin et al
- cd /srv/deployment/logstash/plugins && scap deploy --init this will create /srv/deployment/logstash/plugins/.git/DEPLOY_HEAD this only needs to be done for initial transition-to-scap3 deployments
- run puppet on all targets, ensure /srv/deployment/logstash/plugins is now owned by deploy-service user
- Do an actual deploy from tin
Let me know either of your availability for this process and we can hammer down timing Thanks!