Proposal for a Digital Humanities Session
The Digital Humanities Network of the UAB proposed this first tentative list:
- Arqueopedia (UAB). Incorporate info from arqueological objects to wikipedia.
- Viquimodernisme (UB).
- Historical Social Network (CVC-CED). Connect the historical network with wikimedia (providing the historical context).
- IFMUC (UAB- musicology). Connect/incorporate information from catalan composers with wikipedia.
- Libraries (DDD - UAB). How to incorporate the multi-media objects (audio,video,images) from the DDD (https://ddd.uab.cat/) to wikidata.
Session outline (etherpad)
Main talks & presentations (10-20 min):
- Viquimodernisme: @ESM (will try to make it no longer than 15 minutes. Maybe I'm done in 10)
- Historical social network: Alicia Fornés (CVC/UAB)
- Semantic MediaWiki for simple tagging projects, Prades Memorial - @Toniher
- Open Data and Catalogues of the UAB libraries. Catalan bibliographic databases and Heritage collections: Ferran Jorba (UAB)
- ... <please add your own>
- Proposals of new properties / data types in Wikidata rellevant for Digital humanities
- Institutions / whoever release their data; data is uploaded to Wikidata, reused, connected, corrected; institutions remain oblivious that this is happening and don't consider / want to integrate Wikidata Qs in their databases. How can we change this? (not a hacking question, I'm afraid)
- Important hurdles faced during digital humanities + wikidata/mediawiki/open knowledge projects
- Introduce (more) text encoding in Wikisource?
- things to be further discussed during Hackathon. Maybe in other sessions
- SDC General will have already had their session, but there are lots of areas in common
- Proposals or Phabricator tasks to be opened
- Prototype ideas to be developed during remaining of Hackathon