db1095 is still in multi-source format, hosting s1, s3, s5 and s8. We may purchase soon an extra host to handle the growing capacity of the different sections. This is the main standalone goal for #DBAs for 2017-2018 Q4 (there could be other more important tasks and goals, but this should have no hard external dependencies, other than hardware provisioning.
- Design a strategy (do we setup a db1095-equivalent to prevent downtime? Distribution of sections?)
- Define the purchases needed for the new host(s) and request them (T189590) [Note the decision seems firm, but the purchases have not yet gone through)
- Setup new hardware needed. If it doesn't arrive on time, maybe use one of the new 8 core host as a temporary measure
- Fix sanitarium_multiinstance puppetization https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/425087/
- Copy data needed for the service
- Change codfw sanitariums (db2094 and db2095) to replicate from codfw hosts instead from eqiad ones.
- Switchover replicas (labsdb hosts) to use the new hosts
Follow up / clean up tasks:
Clean up sanitarium_multisource related code T196376
Productionize old/temporary eqiad sanitariums T196527
Implement a script to facilitate sanitarium failovers between DCs T196367