db1052 was the old s1 master which has been failed over to db1067 (T197069)
Let's wait a few days before sending it to the DCOps for total decommissioning
- Once the network maintenance is done remove db1089 as candidate master for s1 (T197069#4418823)
- Take a snapshot of /srv/sqldata and place it somewhere (dbstore1001 is a good candidate) (T199861#4468052)
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use - should be done by DBA team
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration - should be done by DBA team: Removed from config: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/operations/mediawiki-config/+/449665/
- - any service group puppet/heira/dsh config removed - should be done by DBA team
- - remove site.pp (replace with role(spare::system) if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.) - should be done by DBA team: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/operations/puppet/+/449666/
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS - please assign to @RobH for the non-interrupt steps
- - disable puppet on host
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal)
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
- - remove production dns entries
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - IF DECOM: system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - IF DECOM: switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - IF DECOM: add system to decommission tracking google sheet
- - IF DECOM: mgmt dns entries removed.