This task will track the racking and setup of the new central syslogging system for eqiad. This replaces the outdated lithium.eqiad.wmnet, which will be decommisioned once this is fully online.
Hostname Proposal: Change from using elements (which are generic when a system has varied services/roles) to a cluster name, since this host is replicated in codfw. Currently proposed is centrallog1001, but could also do something else. Other options were log1001, and syslog1001.
Racking Proposal: Any 1G capable rack. This host will be in the private vlan for whatever row its assigned.
- - receive in system on procurement task T195416
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update racktables (include all system info plus location)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation (stretch)
- - puppet accept/initial run
- - handoff for service implementation