We want to move away from HHVM, as T176370 states; this task is the tracking task of the second quarterly goal for the SRE team work for switching to PHP7.
The goals we want to achieve are listed below, and a specific subtask will be created for each.
- Allow directing users to PHP7 based on a cookie/header/beta feature
- Separate Traffic layer caches for PHP7/HHVM
- Evaluate scalability and performance of PHP7 compared to HHVM
- Package and install PHP 7.2 in production in place of PHP 7.0
- Assist in the production deployment of excimer (cf T205059), the new PHP7 profiler