This task is to track missing bits related to the codfw1dev CloudVPS deployment https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Portal:Cloud_VPS/Admin/Deployments#codfw
The goal is to have a deployment "mostly" usable that serves as a place to test more stuff related to our openstack setup.
- DNS. There is no DNS support for VMs in this deployment. Ideally we would introduce the new naming scheme https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Cloud_Services_team/EnhancementProposals/DNS_domain_usage#Resolution
- Bastions. We don't have a setup for jumping using SSH as we do in eqiad1. Having this setup in place would be really interesting for testing stuff inside VMs (although we can use the virsh console anyway)
- puppetmaster, cumin, etc
- LDAP. There are some missing bits in the LDAP setup. I don't even know which is missing, but last time I checked they were no LDAP users in VMs in codfw1dev.
- Glance images. We don't have same glance images as we have in eqiad1. We have some glance images hardcoding a root password (which nobody knows) which is something to avoid. This is probably related to the LDAP thing. -- No production glance images work fine in codfw1dev.
- Horizon. Long time ago we used to have a testing horizon setup for codfw. Now we don't have one. This is more optional that the other bullet points.