cr2-eqsin> show system alarms 1 alarms currently active Alarm time Class Description 2020-11-09 11:21:27 UTC Major Fan Tray 2 Pair 0 Outer Fan stopped due to rotor failure
cr2-eqsin> show chassis environment Class Item Status Measurement [...] Fans Fan Tray 2 Fan 1 Failed
We need to initiate a RMA with Juniper and have remote hands do the swap.
The fan was fine, two replacement fans did not fix the issue, but those fans worked in our other router without problem Juniper sent us a new router, so we need to swap out cr3's chassis, migrate all the connections, and send back the defective router.
DC Ops checklist for router swap:
- - new router received by Jin
- - Jin's new quote approved in Coupa
- - onsite work scheduled, coordinated with Arzhel
- - 3 hour onsite window begins
- - new router racked in temp home for power up and programming
- - old router removed from the rack (wiped first by netops)
- - new router moved to old router spot after old is removed
- - netops updated so they can push new router into service while Jin is onsite
- - 3 hour onsite window for router swap ends
- - post work, Jin calls Juniper Care return # to schedule pickup of old router (they don't include return tags for Singapore, but have us call to schedule pickup with RMA department of JCare.
NetOps Checklist for router swap:
- - connect the new router temporarily for OS upgrade/software config
- - depool site
- - shutdown old router
- - swap router
- - power on new router
- - repool site
- - wipe old router - please do this before we unrack it!