- Provide a short summary of your proposed post for the Wikimedia Technical Blog. Blog readers will see this as the preview to your post:
We built an efficient sampling profiler for PHP. It runs continually in production on live requests, and generates trace logs and flame graphs.
- Which topic type does your blog post fall under? Not sure, maybe "An important detail" or "Innovative work"
- Which audience or audiences do you think your post is appropriate for? individuals working in Open Source and possibly wider technical industry.
- Will you need assistance with writing your blog post, or do you already have a draft?
Went through drafts and copy-editing iterations with people in December for publishing at:
No major changes planned, but would welcome suggestions. I'm able to update the above if the changes are minor.
- Does your post need to be published by a certain date? No.
- Do you have an image in mind for the featured image? https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ajedrez_madera_en_fogata.jpg
See also: Measuring Wikipedia page load times (techblog.wikimedia.org, 2018) which was published the other way around where it was on our blog first and only a few months later submitted to the Perf Calendar.