This has been reported on itwiki, but it seems to happen on all wikis.
Unlike enwiki, some wikis often use disambiguation pages with no lead section, making use of a template instead.
When this happens, a Page Previews snippet is not generated, displaying the generic "There was an issue displaying this preview".
This is probably due to previews only being generated if a lead section exists.
For disambiguation pages we already use a custom card, and I think that if a page is a disambiguation page we should still show the disambiguation custom card, regardless of the lead section.
List of steps to reproduce:
- Go to https://it.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Officina&oldid=125465797&uselang=en#Finestra_popup_per_le_pagine_di_disambiguazione;
- Hover over the link "Se" (lead section);
- Hover over the link "Capricci" (no lead section).
- "Se" displays "This title relates to more than one page";
- "Capricci" displays "There was an issue displaying this preview".
What should have happened instead?:
- Both should display the custom disambiguation card "This title relates to more than one page".