As part of the abstract schema migration in T268550 the both existing schema files in the extension were unified into one schema file.
To avoid schema drift in production both new columns could be added to production.
The columns would only hold null under the current configuration of $wgGeoDataBackend = 'elastic'
This is an optional schema change. Feel free to decline to save the space for both columns
- ALTERs to run: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/extensions/GeoData/+/805460
- Where to run those changes: all wikis (according to the addWiki.php script the table exists everywhere, even some wikis does not use it)
- When to run those changes: any time
- If the schema change is backwards compatible: Yes
- If the schema change has been tested already on some of the test/beta wikis: beta already running with the new schema
- if the data should be made available on the labs replicas and/or dumps: no change of the existing rules