Page MenuHomePhabricator

Getting UsageException when viewing new wiki, caused by ApiRunJobs
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

I was trying to create a new instance on wmflabs with MediaWiki, but when I tried to view it in a web browser I got the following error:

Full traceback. (http://tools.wmflabs.org/paste/view/8a73a0bb)
[2f66af1e] /w/index.php Exception from line 1366 of /srv/mediawiki/includes/api/ApiBase.php: Invalid or stale signature provided

Backtrace:

#0 /srv/mediawiki/includes/api/ApiRunJobs.php(54): ApiBase->dieUsage(string, string, integer)
#1 /srv/mediawiki/includes/api/ApiMain.php(862): ApiRunJobs->execute()
#2 /srv/mediawiki/includes/api/ApiMain.php(332): ApiMain->executeAction()
#3 /srv/mediawiki/includes/Wiki.php(649): ApiMain->execute()
#4 /srv/mediawiki/includes/Wiki.php(669): {closure}()
#5 /srv/mediawiki/includes/Wiki.php(451): MediaWiki->triggerJobs()
#6 /srv/mediawiki/index.php(49): MediaWiki->run()
#7 {main}

Bawolff narrowed down the problem to https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#q,2ea4d7ae,n,z (indeed, git checkout 2ea4d7ae8c19f^ fixed the issue)


Version: 1.23.0
Severity: major
See Also:
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=60208

Details

Reference
bz62092

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to High.Nov 22 2014, 3:06 AM
bzimport added a project: MediaWiki-JobQueue.
bzimport set Reference to bz62092.
bzimport added a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).

For me, the calling api internally code runs fine, however the header( "HTTP/1.0 204 No Content" ); part leaks to the main web request, making pages inaccesible.

Change 116224 had a related patch set uploaded by Aaron Schulz:
Avoid API error/header leakage from jobs API

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/116224

Change 116224 merged by jenkins-bot:
Avoid API error/header leakage from jobs API

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/116224

  • Bug 62280 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***