Page MenuHomePhabricator

Flow: missing topic
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

While looking at bug 63616, I tried limiting $wgFlowDefaultLimit and $wgFlowMaxLimit on my local machine to 1.

Topics displayed should be exactly the same, they should only load in different batches (per 10 or per 1).
Yet, I found that when loading per 1, there was a topic I could not find when loaded per 1. Conversely, when loaded per 1, there was a different topic that was not shown when loaded per 10.


Version: unspecified
Severity: normal

Details

Reference
bz63617

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
bzimport set Reference to bz63617.
bzimport added a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).

On a second try (again with flushed cache), the entry missing from the list loaded per 10, was there. And there was another one missing...

It seems like we're losing topics here & there.

I've done some minor testing without cache ($wgFlowUseMemcache = false) and couldn't find any dropped posts there.

Since I coulnd't find any consistency in the posts dropped earlier, it could just be that my local # messages sample size was too small, or just dumb luck that all of them appeared to exist now; however, it's an indication that this issue may not exist without cache, and that it's related to caching (and not related to pagination, filtering out suppressed comments, ...)

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/124342/ seems to also have solved this, after some quick initial testing. Still need to figure out why that one was causing bad cache data, though.

Change 124645 had a related patch set uploaded by Matthias Mullie:
Fix DB-to-cache pipeline

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/124645

Change 124645 merged by jenkins-bot:
Fix DB-to-cache pipeline

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/124645

Change 125018 merged by jenkins-bot:
Backport fix DB-to-cache pipeline for mw.org

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/125018

Quiddity removed a subscriber: Maryana.Dec 19 2014, 1:34 AM