Allow users to perform exact match search, searching any word in the string, searching all words in the string.
|Open||Phoenix303||T93527 More search options for Special:SearchTranslations: type,status, lang, grp, case|
|Resolved||Phoenix303||T97944 Add operators for new filters (like state, case)|
|Resolved||Phoenix303||T100346 Allow exact match search and searching all words in the string|
- Mentioned In
- rETRA30961a4f8901: Support search for all words in the search string.
rMEXT5d0de9578c7b: Updated mediawiki/extensions Project: mediawiki/extensions/Translate…
T98560: Make facet unselection more discoverable
T100822: Weekly Report for Reinvent Translation Search
T92929: Reinvent Translation Search
This works ok at http://translation-search.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:SearchTranslations ; we currently think we should probably
- put the OR/AND/phrase dropdown next to the search bar with text as in http://catalog.loc.gov/vwebv/searchAdvanced ;
- default to OR search without options as currently done, show the dropdown if there are "many" results;
- perhaps display some message to explain the appearance of the dropdown.
With some more testing and digging deeper into the features of ElasticSearch, I have found few conclusions we made earlier not to be completely true.
- ElasticSearch does not score phrase matches higher( not found any document to support ), but scores AND higher than OR. In other words, even with the default 'OR' search ES would score documents which match all the query words high. However, this is only true for each shard. ES does not score based on the entire index (globally) Ref.
- An example in translatewiki.net and with the offset=150.