Page MenuHomePhabricator

Robot problem in azbwiki
Closed, InvalidPublic

Event Timeline

Ebrahimi-amir updated the task description. (Show Details)
Ebrahimi-amir raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
Ebrahimi-amir claimed this task.
Ebrahimi-amir added a subscriber: Ebrahimi-amir.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptSep 7 2015, 2:35 PM
Krenair added a subscriber: Krenair.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: pywikibot-bugs-list. · View Herald TranscriptSep 7 2015, 2:35 PM
Mjbmr set Security to None.
Mjbmr removed Ebrahimi-amir as the assignee of this task.
Mjbmr added a subscriber: jayvdb.
Mjbmr added a subscriber: Mjbmr.
Mjbmr added a comment.Sep 8 2015, 3:39 PM

category.py move function, only detects canonical category links not also localized ones, must be with pywikibot it self not category.py

XZise added a subscriber: XZise.Sep 8 2015, 3:41 PM

Could you please be more specific? Not everyone (like me) understands South Azerbaijani to understand what went wrong.

Now when looking at https://azb.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%A8%D8%A4%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87:%DA%AF%D8%A6%D8%B1%D9%85%DB%8C_%D8%B4%D9%87%D8%B1%DB%8C%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%DB%8C%E2%80%8C%D9%86%DB%8C%D9%86_%DA%A9%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%84%D8%B1%DB%8C it seems like it did also move non-English names:

  • اون‌بیربه‌ی‌لی
  • اینی
  • خان کندی، گئرمی
  • خسبک
  • شاهمار به‌ی‌لی
  • نوروالله به‌ی‌لی

And at least the first page was edited by the bot: https://azb.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%86%E2%80%8C%D8%A8%DB%8C%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%87%E2%80%8C%DB%8C%E2%80%8C%D9%84%DB%8C&type=revision&diff=45678&oldid=7134

XZise added a comment.Sep 8 2015, 3:43 PM

category.py move function, only detects canonical category links not also localized ones, must be with pywikibot it self not category.py

AH! That clears it up. So it only changed pages where the category was defined using the English name.

Mjbmr added a comment.Sep 8 2015, 3:44 PM

category.py move function, only detects canonical category links not also localized ones, must be with pywikibot it self not category.py

AH! That clears it up. So it only changed pages where the category was defined using the English name.

Yes.

XZise added a comment.Sep 8 2015, 3:57 PM

Okay I think it's inside Page.change_category() (or inside a method called there). And I've manually checked a few points and getCategoryLinks seems to work fine as well as old_cat_pos = cats.index(oldCat) so in the cats list should be working correctly. Maybe I can basically step through the method later more thoroughly.

I got to solve the problem for myself robots. I added "self.namespaces[14]['azb'] = [u'بؤلمه', u'بؤلمه']" to the wikipedia_family file.

jayvdb added a comment.Sep 9 2015, 9:13 AM

I got to solve the problem for myself robots. I added "self.namespaces[14]['azb'] = [u'بؤلمه', u'بؤلمه']" to the wikipedia_family file.

Are you using core or compat?

Be sure to apply the settings in these http://tools.wmflabs.org/pywikibot/ files.

I use compat.

I got to solve the problem for myself robots. I added "self.namespaces[14]['azb'] = [u'بؤلمه', u'بؤلمه']" to the wikipedia_family file.

Are you using core or compat?

I use compat.

jayvdb triaged this task as Lowest priority.Sep 9 2015, 9:16 AM
jayvdb edited projects, added Pywikibot-compat; removed Pywikibot.
jayvdb added a comment.Sep 9 2015, 9:19 AM

Please re-try using core.
compat is not actively maintained. Most developers put their time into improving core. So, if you want this change to the wikipedia_family.py file in compat, you (or someone else) can submit a patch to Gerrit.

I apologize to you. The problem is in my computer. I've got the solution.

Xqt closed this task as Invalid.Jan 25 2016, 9:26 AM
Xqt claimed this task.
Xqt added a subscriber: Xqt.

See last comment

Restricted Application removed a subscriber: Mjbmr. · View Herald TranscriptJan 25 2016, 9:26 AM
jayvdb removed Xqt as the assignee of this task.Jan 25 2016, 1:38 PM