In one of the Developer-Advocacy meetings, it was said that our planning process should be documented for clarity. We have a roadmap, team and individual quarterly goals, a team project workboard, monthly sprints, columns in each of these workboards... It is actually simple... but maybe not always simple, and definitely not simple for a newcomer.
- High-level roadmap (actions per timeframe, some actions are tasks) in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101099
- All our tasks are our Phabricator team project. Backlog + tasks which are targeted for a quarter are expressed via workflows columns: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/developer-relations/
- Limited number of carefully chosen main quarterly goals (stronger than just "targeted for a quarter") per team and also per individual team member are listed as dependencies of dedicated "Quarterly team goals" tasks, e.g. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101100 or https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T109829
- Monthly tasks expressed in monthly projects, e.g. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/devrel-september-2015/ . Status of a task expressed via workboard columns.
- This process is to be documented in https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developer_Relations#Planning