We want to create a new usergroup Rollbacker on https://wuu.wikipedia.org (discussion here:https://wuu.wikipedia.org/wiki/user_talk:Lt2818#RFA). It should have these right: rollback , patrol , autopatrol . And, please let sysop can add and remove this group. Now the wuu wikipedia isn't very active, many user vandalism this site, and the sysop wasn't often online, this kind of change can help us fight with that thing. THX !
|operations/mediawiki-config : master||Add a rollbacker group at wuuwiki|
- I agree with @Krenair that editinterface for rollbackers is a bad idea. That permission is sensitive enough to damage the site and its users. Moreover, if you say that the wiki is small, then the level of oversight for this will also be limited; as such I'd advice against granting this.
- Regarding the import right (importupload): this permission allows importing files via XML. I am not sure we want to activate this as well, since imports from wikis can be done by referencing the permanent link and the history in the pages. Importing via XML can result too in falsified histories and diffs if you're able to modify the XML file. I'm also not sure about this one.
- Regarding abusefilter-log-private, this is usually a sysop-only permission. Don't have an opinion and I'd have to check if users at wuuwiki do have the ability to check the log first.
The remaining ones are fine for me.
- Let's deny the request for giving editinterface to a rollbacker-level group on a wiki with open account creation (i.e. it might be okay on a fishbowl or private or whatever).
- I'd prefer not to give out importupload either. Transwiki import should be OK. Isn't there some existing group for this?
- I'm not quite sure about abusefilter-log-private either but zhwiki gives this already.
Also, even for a small wiki, this has only been discussed on a single user's talk page?
Hi @Cosine02. For any configuration change, we require a local consensus. For more information about how to request these kinds of changes, please see https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_wiki_configuration_changes - Thanks!
Ok, so we have this situation:
Consens for these rights:
I will set up a patch for the first free rights. So you can open a new task, if there is a consensus for suppressredirect.