WikiProject X created a Discussions module that shows the most recent new topics on talk pages in the WikiProject category.
The existing module is updated by a bot, it's built on templates, and it's partly broken at the moment. It would be helpful to create this in software.
To be answered:
- How many items on the list?
- Just new topics or any edit to the talk page?
- Should this be limited to talk pages, or would it make more sense to have the same functionality for article pages as well?
- Is this actually just a cleaner version of Special:RecentChangesLinked?
- How can we enable this module on a WikiProject page> We might be able to do this as a transcludable special page. May connect to T117142.
- Is it possible to detect all new section creation (in a way that is sane and performant, or can we only detect people using the "New Section" interface?