Midterm evaluations for GSoC are on. All students and mentors must submit their evaluation on http://summerofcode.withgoogle.com before 27th June 2016 19:00 UTC. Please note that only one mentor needs to evaluate each student, not both.
If you have any concerns regarding your project/student which you do not wish to discuss on Phabricator, feel free to reach out to me or @01tonythomas directly.
Please complete the following in order to evaluate your student:
- Mid-term goals as outlined in the project timeline are complete
- MVP is completed and hosted on Labs/elsewhere
- Weekly reports are up-to-date and complete
- The student is in regular touch with mentors
- some minor parts are up to be finished, on the other hand we got already stuff that is ahead project plan (e.g. improved Graphics Detection)
- MVP is completed and hosted on https://github.com/AbdealiJK/file-metadata and https://pypi.python.org/pypi/file-metadata
- Have a pypi package "pypi-catimages" which can perform a minimal set of the functions that catimages.py could: https://gist.github.com/AbdealiJK/a94fc0d0445c2ad715d9b1b95ec2ba03
- Detect faces using haarcascades and landmarks (need to output positions of eyes, mouth etc. were possible)
- Categorize based on metadata: needs to output categorization hints to console
- Barcode and QR Code detection using zbar and zxing
- Graphics detection code of catimages implemented and improved but not tested on a mixed/random set yet