The set of languages are not optimal for Norwegian and should be adjusted. Both to the official languages of Norway and to the languages typically learned at the schools. A request for updates are sent upstream, as I'm told that the Compact Language List are using CLDR: Territory-Language Information. If they can't provide better results then we should add our own additional data.
The requests sent upstream are available as
- #9646 Southern Sami (sma) [OR]
- #9647 Lule Sami (sma) [OR]
- #9648 Kven (fkv) [OR]
- #9649 Romanes (rom, romani language) [OR, lacks number of speakers]
- #9650 Romani rakripa (rom, scandoromani language) [OR, lacks source for number of speakers]
- #9651 English
- #9652 German [no data on language proficiency; Eurostat for language learning]
- #9653 French [no data on language proficiency; Eurostat for language learning]
- #9654 Spanish [no data on language proficiency; no official data on language learning yet]
Languages from nearby countries are added as preferred languages given the project. That is Nynorsk, Danish, Swedish will be on the language preferrence list, T138973: Show languages that a wiki community added to the top of the interlanguage list in the Compact list. There will be a request for additional languages for Norwegian (bokmål) Wikipedia. There are already one for Norwegian (nynorsk) Wikipedia.