Scap3 provides mechanism to deploy configurations from templates. Moving to scap3 for deplyoing configuration would provide a nice decoupling between application, configuration and puppet. This is required to modify logging level for Kartotherian. It would also greatly simplify the testing of the new postgresql tiles storage (T147223).
|Resolved||Gehel||T148116 Raise file logging for Kartotherian from info to warn|
|Resolved||Gehel||T150021 Deploy kartotherian / tilerator / tileratorui configuration via scap3|
I'm thinking about how to deploy this in nice steps with sufficient testing as we don't have a test environment yet. My idea so far:
- manually create /etc/kartotherian/config-vars.yaml on maps-test2001
- merge the configuration change to kartotherian-deploy (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/321376)
- deploy it only on maps-test2001 (scap deploy-local)
- test / check / compare new config to old one, ...
- disable puppet on all maps servers
- merge the puppet side of the change (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/321374/)
- run puppet on maps-test2001
- test, check, ...
- run puppet on all maps servers
- deploy kartotherian on all maps servers
@Yurik does this look good to you? Can we try to deploy that on Monday 21st?
Test deployment on maps-test2001 done, with manually generated config-vars.yaml file. The part in the kartotherian-deploy repo seems to be working just fine, diff shows only minor formatting differences with current config file. Changes to kartotherian-deploy repo have been reverted for the moment.
The full test will be during actual deployment, with the puppet changes as well, but I understand those much better than I understand the scap3 part.