These are important, often in areas without other labels, and of interest to wikivoyage
|Open||None||T87268 Copyright license and attribution issues (tracking)|
|Invalid||None||T149179 Attribution and copyright tasks for the iOS app (tracking)|
|Open||Feature||None||T157763 Replace Apple Maps with a freely licensed alternative|
|Invalid||None||T155601 Stabilizing Interactive Products|
|Open||None||T113008 Epic: Borders aren't always marked as disputed|
|Resolved||Pnorman||T153282 [epic] Migrate to a new vector tile structure|
|Resolved||CKoerner_WMF||T162306 Support Q4 Discovery goal: Stabilize maps and graphs code base|
|Resolved||CKoerner_WMF||T162313 Discuss map style changes with communities|
|Resolved||Pnorman||T163516 Label national parks|
park boundaries are now being shown on zoom level 8, I'm not sure this is the first zoom level that we should show them. Here's my feedback:
- start showing park boundaries on zoom level 9 (line width is ok) or 10 (make the line width a bit smaller)
- change the width of the park boundaries to about half the size they currently are, starting on zoom level 11, as I feel they are a bit too prominent on the map at the size/zoom level that they are now
- the color of the park boundaries looks good :)
- I'm not sure if the national forests labels are missing or not shown at all (ie: Olympic National Forest), although the outline exists.
- the state forests should probably have the outline, similar to the national forests
Per discussion yesterday, we're going to keep them starting at z8. This isn't idea everywhere, but some parks are exceptionally big and could be shown even earlier.
I've adjusted line widths. Missing national parks were covered by a different issue and are awaiting a reload.
As this task is about labels and that's done, I'm closing it.