Summary of what will happen in day 2 and all activities done during the event;
- Recap of Day 1 activities including @Flixtey's presentation on an Overview of the Wikimedia movement and volunteer opportunities.
- Q/A session about general programming technologies related to MediaWiki before the event started (pre-event).
- Participants successfully installed MediaWiki on their localhosts.
- At the event, we worked on installing a boilerplate and an example extension that we used for hacking.
- Structure/Architecture of MediaWiki was looked at and also that of extensions and how to build extensions.
- Topics such as i18n, configuration and logic of both the mediawiki core and the example extension was discussed which all other extensions follow.
- We plan to update the Example extension during follow up (post event) in order to keep working with developers in Ghana to improve mediawiki.
- We agreed to have a project work board for the AWMD project so as to have some tasks for developers to keep working on for easy management of the project on phabricator. @Aklapper, we will get in touch with you on this.
To conclude, it was a successful event since hit our target of participants and also covered all that we prepared for and users asked so many questions and we got feedback which we will share soon.