Please rename the following namespaces on the Latvian Wiktionary:
- Project / Wiktionary → Vikivārdnīca
- Project_talk / Wiktionary_talk → Vikivārdnīcas diskusija
Then run namespaceDupes.php on the wiki to move relevant existing pages into project space.
If it needs mentioning, "Wiktionary:" and "Wiktionary_talk:" should be kept as aliases after the renaming. (I believe this is the default behavior anyway?)
The Project and Project_talk namespaces (namespaces 4 and 5) on the Latvian Wiktionary were never localized. The canonical names "Wiktionary" and "Wiktionary_talk" were found to be unacceptable by the local community, so they created pages in the main namespace having the prefix "Vikivārdnīca:" (the local name for "Wiktionary:") and redirected titles in the "Wiktionary" namespace to these pages. This needs to be fixed by renaming the namespaces and running the script, as described above.
(BTW, there is little activity on the wiki nowadays, and the sole local admin hasn't edited any Wikimedia wiki since August 2015, so no help will be forthcoming on those fronts. I plan to request steward help with any post-renaming issues I cannot deal with as a regular user on that wiki.)
- Initial post to the local admin (no response)
- Short discussion in local equivalent of Village Pump (no local users participated, but a user and an admin from the Latvian Wikipedia, both native Latvian speakers, confirmed the namespace names stated above)
- Optional: Lots of notes about existing pages that will be (potentially) affected by the renaming