The new logstash servers are in place, we can start thinking about decommissioning the old ones. Note that we first need to ensure all log producers are migrated to logstash.svc.eqiad.wmnet.
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - any service group puppet/hiera/dsh config removed
- - remove site.pp (replace with role::spare if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.)
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal)
- - remove production dns entries
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - mgmt dns entries removed.