This is a tracking task for the removal of the imagescaler cluster of MediaWiki app servers, as well as the LVS rendering service-IP load balancer.
TODO: (In no particular order)
- Migrate users of image scalers:
- Remove routing for image scalers:
- Remove rendering director from Varnish.
- Remove rendering handling from PyBall, LVS, and service IP.
- Remove imagescaler-rw and imagescaler-ro from conftool/discovery.
- Un-provision imagescaler hosts in Puppet (use spare role?)
- Remove all code in Puppet relating to imagescaler roles and classes, including imagescaler_eqiad and imagescaler_codfw monitoring groups.
- Decommission the hosts and/or reclaim as spare.