This task will track the racking, setup, and installation of 16 new cp systems ordered via T193911. Please note these will need a few things done differently than past cp systems, mainly their partitioning is going to differ.
Racking Proposal: Rack the 16 systems with 4 per row, in 10G racks. Attempt to space evenly across the 10G racks in each row. No consideration needs to be given to any of the existing cp systems, as these will replace ALL except cp1008 (test host) and cp1071-1074 (these will eventually go away well after new systems are online, but will be well after all other cp system decoms.) Ideally, 2 per rack, as one of each will be in text or upload. (This would keep things simpler for traffic, if possible.)
old cp decom note: NONE of the existing hosts will be decommissioned until after these new hosts are fully online and deployed.
- - receive in system on procurement task T193911
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update racktables (include all system info plus location)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible) - PLEASE NOTE: A new partman recipe will need to be written for this system. Feel free to escalate to @RobH for this part.
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run
- - handoff for service implementation