In order to make any research into improving Wikidata search, we want to know what the users are selecting when using Wikidata prefix search. Unfortunately, right now there is no data set which allows to know that. We want to add event collections that would do the following:
Once the user performed completion search and clicked on certain item (either in top search box or entity selector), we want to record:
- search results presented to the user
- the result that the user selected
- context (whether it was top box, entity selector, etc.) - we need to see how much of it we want here
- do we want to enable it for all users?
- do we want linking to search query logs? (looks like currently not)