Fri, Feb 16
What kind of entries should "Anrede" have? Suggestion: "Herr", "Frau", "keine Angabe", with similar behavior to as in T180432: Add salutation options}.
What about titles for people in companies?
Thu, Feb 15
The hard way is to do a git pull && composer update on core, in each extension and skin directory.
Wed, Feb 14
Deployed the text change to test server.
Tested with MonoBook on the test wiki - the overlap is fixed for Monobook as well (both on the left and right side parts of the top bar).
I'm moving this directly to the "Test" column, as there is no code to be reviewed and the task is 99% deployment.
You can preview how AdvancedSearch will look like with these links:
Here are the Gerrit links to the skin repositories:
Remember that some work was already done in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/410189/
My patch is Unit- and User-tested, but there are no browser tests yet. However, creating a browser test would involve "cheating" (though calling the API directly), because the AdvancedSearch extension removes the UI to change the defaults. The cheating browser test would have to be removed/changed whenever we decide to add back the "Save this selection for future searches" UI. Should we still add a browser test?
I've tested the change on the "Timeless" skin and it works there too.
Deployed to test and prod.
The heading of the page that displays the "we can no longer show your confirmation" text (for the anonymization case) says "Error". Don't know if that is a good heading, @kai.nissen ? But apart from that, everything works.
Tue, Feb 13
Mon, Feb 12
Some observation: The indicator of the namespace selection can't be used to close the menu, only to open it. I've created T187099: MenuTagMultiselectWidget: Add ways to interact with the menu via the indicator to see what the OOUI team has to say about that, because the name "indicator" for me hints that at least from a purely conceptual standpoint it should be an element for showing state, not manipulating state.
Updated the test wiki to latest master and user-tested - now the menus don't overlap anymore.
Fri, Feb 9
After looking at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/405905 and the DropdownInputWidget code I saw that FileTypeSelection.setOptionsData overrides a private method, which means it could break at any time. I've opened issue T186901: Add ability to override menu item creation for DropdownInputWidget and proposed a change to OOUI so we can override menu item creation better in the future.
Deployed on the test wiki. The test server still has the old OOUI version. That means the new method FileTypeSelection.setOptionsData won't be called and the menu items in the file type selections won't get unique class names. This does not affect functionality and as long as we don't run browser tests against the test wiki it also won't affect the browser tests.
Only reproducible on our test wiki. Please update the MediaWiki core and Vector skin, then check if the behavior still persists.
The tests were failing for reasons unrelated to my patch, I've created another PR that addresses the failing tests in master. Please review & Merge that, then I'll rebase the pagination PR.
Thu, Feb 8
Wed, Feb 7
The investigation of this issue is done, The actual code/test part is now tracked in T186703: Browser tests for pagination links
PR https://github.com/wmde/fundraising-frontend-content/pull/99 uses a valid GPL-2 license, but there is still feedback needed for the license, @kai.nissen
Tue, Feb 6
Mon, Feb 5
@Lea_WMDE: We discovered that for our test code we need to override methods that are affected by an upcoming change in OOJS UI (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/406397/), related to this issue T181691: [Pre-wmf.11] Special:Preferences asks for leave confirmation even when no changes were made. The OOJS change is already merged, but the latest mediawiki core does not use the change yet. Should we
The PR now shows the footer.
A more concrete example (where the quotes were inserted erroneously due to the proximity of the keys) :
Fri, Jan 26
Exported the first batch from 2018-01-23 11:30 CET to 2018-01-25 15:00 CET (approx 1050 replies).
Thu, Jan 25
The banners are identical, they were duplicated for technical reasons for being able to set up the campaign with A/B testing and banner sequences: The first n impressions were of the A/B tested banners, after that all the readers saw the identical "B17WMDE_thankyou_authors" banner, regardless of their bucket.
@Lea_WMDE Forget everything I've written. This is a known problem and it seems like OOJS UI already has a solution. The solution becomes a bit more complex than the "simple CSS change" we originally thought of, but I'll give the task another shot.