The reference popups are sometimes showing a popup for the page they are sitting on
Steps to reproduce:
- go to e.g. https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Dog
- hover over some of the footnotes after having seen a page preview, and after waiting for a "cool down" period.
- go to e.g. https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Dog#cite_ref-coren_16-1
- hover over some of the footnotes in that area and move between page links and footnote links
But both cannot be reproduced reliably
- This ticket is probably related to T214693: Investigate why Page and Reference Previews interfere when footnote comes right behind link on English Beta Wikipedia and should be solved after it.
As a first step, a bug was fixed, where colons in the reference names created unwanted behavior.