(Sorry for the urgency here. This is related to https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2019 and requested by Board member @Raystorm.)
- Requested name of the mailing list: email@example.com
- Reasoning/explanation of purpose: This mailing list is initially created to allow all affiliates to discuss participation in https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2019 . (Presence of non-affiliates members, WMF staff etc. is limited to the duration of this process.)
- Initial list administrator's email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secondary list administrator's email address: email@example.com (More will likely be added.)
- Subscription should be Closed [admins will mass-subscribe the relevant people] and archives should be Private to subscribers.
- Description of the list for the list info page:
Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list
Discussion list for the Wikimedia movement entities – chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_movement_affiliates).
While the mailing list is created to coordinate efforts around the 2019 affiliate-selected Board seats process (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2019), it could be easily repurposed later, if desired.
Current access is provided to main representatives of the affiliates, appointed volunteer facilitators, and any members of the Board and the Wikimedia Foundation staff for the time strictly necessary to operations related to the ASBS process. In addition to internal affiliates conversation, it will be used to deliver key announcements and information about the ASBS process. The list aims at including all of the affiliates, regardless of whether they will be eligible to vote later.
Participants are asked to remain civil and stay on topic; in the hope that the "commitment to diversity and inclusion of all voices, throughout our communities—new, older and emerging" inspires and guides meaningful conversations.