Although https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Extension:Convert2Wiki just shows a website using this extension and no maintenance, appart from the libup stuff have been done for some time, so we might want to archive it instead if you think it'd be better.
|Open||None||T142120 Remove UnitTestsList hook subscribers, move tests to be autodiscovered for extensions that have been converted to extension registration|
|Open||None||T98668 Convert all extensions and skins on gerrit to use extension registration|
|Declined||None||T228148 Convert Convert2Wiki to use extension registration|
I did an install and found the following issues, that make me advise archival:
- I18n, while present, is not loaded, resulting in ⧼convert2wiki⧽ shown.
- The special page itself is not translatable, the text is hardcoded in Convert2WikiSpecial.php.
- Rather than adding all necessary classes to the MediaWiki autoloader, this extension manually registers a new autoloader to load its classes, in a weird way that isn't obvious to me why you'd do that. There is no comment indicating why.
- Usage of deprecated global $wgAjaxExportList.
- No maintenance or updates have been done after the initial import.
- Only reported usage is a 1.26 wiki.
- Dropdowns on Special:Convert2Wiki do not work.
- Console reports TypeError: Cannot read property 'wikiScript' of undefined at convert2wiki.js:48
- Unit tests aren't auto-discovered, nor manually registered. It does have tests, but those aren't run by the CI. The tests themselves fail, there is a broken method call in Convert2Wiki\Formats\Text.
- I tried to make the CI run them in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/extensions/Convert2Wiki/+/523786, but that didn't work.