This is a list that grows as we learn about the preparation steps needed for onboarding a research scientist. There will be a separate task to capture the steps in onboarding itself.
- Fill out OIT/Facilities On-boarding Form
- Prepare a document for onboarding laying out all the steps that need to be taken for a successful onboarding.
- Orientation Planner by HR: reviewed and confirmed.
An incomplete list of onboarding items. To be finalized by September 6.
Introduction to Wikimedia Movement
- Book: Common Knowledge? An ethnography of Wikipedia @leila to send the book.
- Wikimedia Foundation Board Handbook Section 1 and 2. The rest is optional. @leila
Data and systems
- Server access
- A reference for distributed computing, specifically Hadoop, Spark, ... @leila
- Analytics cluster / stats machines walkthrough (Analytics)
- Hadoop / Hive / Analytics cluster (Analytics) -- familiarize yourself with webrequest logs and more.
- EventLogging (instrumentation) (Analytics)
- Dump parsing libraries http://pythonhosted.org/mediawiki-utilities/
- SQL replicas (Analytics)
- general intro to the data model
- WDQS / SPARQL
- JSON dumps
- Jupyter computing environments @diego