Fri, Oct 16
@Aklapper I just saw this after you pinged us via email. sorry about that.
Wed, Oct 14
@elukey I did receive the kerberos temp password and just changed it. thanks!
Tue, Oct 13
@elukey yes, please.
Wed, Oct 7
@Kormat thanks. I just confirmed the ssh key through the slack message I had received about it.
Tue, Oct 6
@elukey ok. :)
Fri, Oct 2
I'll resolve this task as it's done. If you disagree, please reopen.
The initial porting of the model is done. Isaac will lead this work moving forward. I'll resolve this task.
@MGerlach I'll resolve this task as you're working on other tasks related to this topic.
@gsingers Please review and approve if you are fine with it.
Thu, Oct 1
Wed, Sep 30
@RBrounley_WMF thank you for the conversation yesterday and today and your continued work to gather feedback and improve the work. I'm documenting all my feedback below (in no order).
@Niharika I'll assign it to Isaac and he can decide how to merge/update.
Fri, Sep 25
@diego ok. we shall leave it like this then. thanks for checking.
Wed, Sep 23
Approved on my end. (team manager)
@diego can you do a pass over this task and let me know how much similarity do you see between the current description of the task and the work you're doing at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Discovering_content_inconsistencies_between_Wikidata_and_Wikipedia ? Given that the current task is not assigned to anyone, I'd encourage you to consider merging tasks if there is a close alignment.
Sep 10 2020
@MGerlach I'm going to resolve this task given the questionnaire itself is ready. I'll make the marginal improvements in the doc and we can post today/tomorrow.
@Isaac I'm going to resolve this task as improvements from this point on will likely not be major. If you disagree, please reopen.
Sep 9 2020
@bmansurov I want to make sure you're aware of this.
Sep 5 2020
@MGerlach here is my update based on the work we started doing together today:
Aug 26 2020
Hi all. A quick note that Miriam will be back at work on 2020-09-07 and will likely not be able to respond to your questions until then.
Aug 24 2020
Aug 21 2020
@Isaac thanks for the update. Re the choice of Scala or not: if you can delay the decision until the research engineer starts, that'd be my recommendation as I'd expect that part of the pipeline optimization to be done by them. (a possible good first project)
Aug 20 2020
@MGerlach thanks to you for leading this and others who supported you. I have one request: can we expand the "introductory" paragraph in the future announcements? I'm happy to iterate on it with you while we're working on finding a pair for you to reduce the load. We can benefit from putting the presentations even more in the context the audiences understand.
@Isaac please update the page Srijan started.
Aug 19 2020
Aug 18 2020
@bmansurov can you look into this task and let me know what you recommend? (feel free to assign it to yourself.)
Aug 13 2020
sounds good. :)
Aug 12 2020
@MMiller_WMF @DED is this something you expect DED to be able to do before his last day? If DED is comfortable picking this up, sounds good to me. However, I'm concerned that with less than 3 weeks ahead of us and some vacation time, this may be too ambitious. If the two of you have talked and it's doable, I won't be on your way. :)
Aug 7 2020
@Niharika thanks for updating this task's description. As a follow up to our last meeting: I suggest explicitly opening a task for evaluation of the current output of the sockpuppet detection model (both in terms of quality and the type of output) by checkusers. My concern is that we can finish the code handover in T236299 and the start building the API captured in this task and at the end when the model is made available to checkusers they may come with major feedback that requires redoing a lot of work. Before we spend time on the API, (the collective) we spend time on the API, I'd love to see their feedback. (sorry if that work is captured somewhere and I missed it.)
Aug 5 2020
@Groceryheist I checked with Legal and your MOU is active with us until the end of September and that timeline covers your needs. Here is my ask to you: please work with the data that you need, and update the paper. When you are at the point of exporting code and data from the servers, please send me an email and I'll schedule a call to review them with you one by one and approve the transfer of the copy.
I'm going to call this done as 2 are completed and 2 in-progress.
This is now documented.
This is now documented at https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research/Documentation . Improvements should be made to that page over time, however, the bulk of the work is done. Thanks to Jonathan for making the first draft happen.
Aug 4 2020
@Groceryheist I'm working on this.
Jul 31 2020
@A455bcd9 will pageviews split by country give you what you need? while it doesn't include all possible countries (see privacy considerations), my take of it is that it can give you a good base data to work with.
@MGerlach thanks for the update. Something that we didn't discuss and it's good to do before finalizing the questionnaire is to put the questions in front of a set of test responders and ask them to give us feedback on the questions. Let's include this cycle. I have a few internal/external candidates in mind. (We will need to give folks a week for getting back to us.) What do you think?
In a magic week, bmansurov and Diego came together to make this happen:
Jul 29 2020
Jul 27 2020
Jul 24 2020
@Groceryheist ok, let's wait then. If you need it, we will figure it out.
Jul 23 2020
@Groceryheist halfak and I connected before his last date about your case. The plan was to make sure you have access to your data if the paper review requires it. My question is: is your paper review back? do you need access to the data? Can you expand why? (fwiw, I'm happy to help renew a limited extension. It will take bandwidth from me and I want to do it only if it's needed.:)
@Aklapper we're good. I'll resolve.
Jul 21 2020
@Iopensa (this is not urgent) I'd really love to fix the branding confusion around the name Wikimedia Research. Nemo just reminded me in IRC that I should talk with you as you may have ideas about it. Do you want to have a call between the two of us about it? If you also prefer to leave comments/ideas here, that's great, too. Whatever works better for you.
@srodlund thanks for following up. I was thinking of this task a couple of hours ago and was thinking I won't be able to make it happen given the current workload. I'll decline it and I hope I can do differently in the future.
Jul 20 2020
- Baha has received the CSS and HTML files from Diego. Baha expects to be able to make the template by the end of July.
@diego 'got it. thanks for confirming here. It's okay to keep it here given that if I recall correctly you expect it to conclude in August.
Week of July 13 update:
Jul 11 2020
@MGerlach the talks are very relevant to these projects so I suggest operating on the bold side and putting the announcement in the talk pages. If they tell us don't do it, we won't do it in the future.