Mon, Oct 21
Thu, Oct 17
@JAllemandou I see. I now see that you had already linked to the Pageview_hourly page in the section I linked to. I had missed that link. sorry. No need to update the table I linked to, imo. Thanks!
@JAllemandou should we expect to see this kind of change recorded in https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/Data_Lake/Traffic/Webrequest#Changes_and_known_problems_since_2015-03-04 ? That's my go-to place to see what has changed.
Wed, Oct 16
Tue, Oct 15
@Aklapper I removed knowledge-gaps and knowledge-integrity. We will reuse the projects that already exist for those. thanks for highlighting those to me.
I'm resolving this task as the work for it was done during FY19-20. There are a couple of subtasks added under this task which will be completed when the time arrives.
Sat, Oct 12
We've got back to the Security team with some questions. They have asked us not to proceed until they update us in the week of October 21.
Fri, Oct 11
@elukey the day has arrived. Thanks for your patience. Please purge all home directories in the task Description. We have extracted the data we need for release.
Thu, Oct 10
I sent the first almost completed draft of the schedule to the team.
Wed, Oct 9
@Capt_Swing I added your goals to the Description. Please review and edit boldly. (I didn't focus on the exact text so much for now, but do feel free to make them more accurate. I think the improvements in what we say can happen when you're working on them in betterworks.)
Tue, Oct 8
@Nuria is your approval needed on this task?
@MGerlach Please review your Q2 goals under Confirmed in Description and let me know here if they're good to go. Notes on my end:
- I may have one more item related to knowledge gaps for you. let's discuss in our 1:1 this week.
- I didn't explicitly capture the work with the Editing team as a goal. This is intentional, partly because that is still part of your onboarding project and I'd rather keep the space fail-safe in case we need to change the problem (especially because there are ambiguities in the problem statement there.)
@Isaac Please review your goals under "Confirmed" and update. A couple of notes:
- Taxonomy of Content Gaps: It's unclear to me what we can commit to right now (I reviewed our 1:1 conversations). For Q2, I'd like us to commit to come up with a operationalizable proposal for taxonomy of knowledge gaps, plus a couple of areas we know people in the team will work on: readership gaps (you), usage/access/readership gap (Martin via search taxonomies) and the taxonomy of the causes of content gaps (Jonathan), along with some more lit review Jonathan may do (we're working to finalize that). I won't add more commitments by you on the "content gaps" fronts. If you disagree, please propose a concrete goal. Happy to discuss.
Mon, Oct 7
@Isaac thanks for your summary of the team's feedback. Please check our scheduling doc for my comments/questions.
Fri, Oct 4
Thu, Oct 3
Mon, Sep 30
@MGerlach congratulations on finishing your first task. :)
@JAllemandou thanks for expanding. I've moved this task to the Done lane in the Research board. I'll also remove MGerlach as the assignee per what you described. Please update as you see fit and thanks for your work on this. :)
Thu, Sep 26
@JAllemandou Martin and I had a chat now about this task. Can you give an update on what is left for Martin to do on this task? (I'm aware of the memory issues and my understanding is that that's not something you want Martin to work on. If that's not the case, please let us know as well.)
Tue, Sep 24
- I shared the link to the blog post with WMF's Communication team to see if they can send it to the main blog soon.
- FYI: Communications has announced recently that they will put all posts to the main blog on hold for 3 months starting October 1. I've requested that they support us with this specific post now given that this constraint is announced very recently and we're almost done with this post.
- I'm looking into where we can host the survey based on Ramtin's input.
Sep 20 2019
The placeholder slide deck with some initial slide deck is at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1iJQKfokddAyGjdGV3Gd9guJPaXSHmblvEWMj8uyFRJo/edit#slide=id.g6039dc0f8e_0_179 . I will finalize the slide-deck on Friday or Sunday night PST.
Sep 19 2019
I read the guide and ready to have 1:1 discussions with the team about their OKRs (though the leveling discussions are taking priority at the moment).