For this task, you need to be able to express yourself in English and spell correctly. (A few typos are still okay, of course!) :)
This task consists of two subtasks:
- Create a "Hello World" React app and host it in Wikimedia Toolforge using the instructions listed here.
- While doing this, document the process in a tutorial format:
- First, take a look at our NodeJS/OAuth tutorial, to get an idea which format we are expecting from you.
- Create an account on wikitech.wikimedia.org if you do not already have an account.
- After creating an account, draft your tutorial on a subpage of your userpage (if you chose the username ABCXYZ on wikitech.wikimedia.org, then put your tutorial on the page https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:ABCXYZ/My_first_React_application
- Once the mentors of this task are happy with your tutorial, your tutorial will be moved to https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Toolforge/ and will get used by other people to learn what you just learned!
React seems to be so popular these days and choice of many developers! Two of our GSoC developers expressed the challenges they faced due to lack of documentation around hosting a React app in Toolforge: https://discourse-mediawiki.wmflabs.org/t/help-to-host-react-apps-in-toolforge/1411/17. I'm wondering if a tutorial similar to the ones listed in the See also section below would make sense or help.