There are a plethora of open tickets requesting new and improved Technical documentation for Toolforge. Improvements to documentation have also been consistently requested in the annual Toolforge survey. Gaps in consistency and documentation have been identified by users and collaborators. Many aspects of Toolforge are well-documented and some are not documented at all. This can lead to an inconsistent experience for technical collaborators.
- Review and reorganize existing Toolforge and Cloud VPS technical documentation for better readability. Update outdated information for existing pages with simple updates, and file tasks for ones which require more complicated updates
- Review, prioritize, and resolve current outstanding Phabricator tasks / requests for updates and improvements to Toolforge and Cloud VPS technical documentation
- Seek ways to improve organization and search-ability so users can find what they need
- Solicit additional feedback from Toolforge and Cloud VPS users regarding usefulness and accuracy of Toolforge and Cloud VPStechnical documentation (qualitative interviews and survey)
- Create and foster a feedback process, so users can surface issues with technical documentation and make requests for new technical documentation, which are addressed promptly and clearly