As a Wikisource user, I want mathematical formulas to be properly rendered and displayed as text (rather than images) on Wikisource, so that I can view, copy, and analyze mathematical formulas in a readable format.
Background: "Currently on the different wiki, it is possible to activate MathML to have a nice render of mathematical formulas instead of vector images. The current export process does not allow to have this MathML format and include all mathematical formulas as images, like the old mediawiki way. MathML being now vastly handled, it would be really useful to be able to export the code with MathML." - Wikisource user
- Investigate if pros/cons of enabling mathml on wikisource
- Investigate how formulas can always be text rather than images (example: https://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/Page:M%C3%A9moires_de_l%E2%80%99Acad%C3%A9mie_des_sciences,_Tome_6.djvu/580)
- Investigate the main challenges, risks, and dependencies associated with implement such a system
- Provide a general estimate/idea, if possible, of the potential impact it may have on rendering mathematical formulas
- Provide a general estimation/rough sense of the level of difficulty of effort required in doing such work