Page MenuHomePhabricator

ULS should not displays prevented languages
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

From Special:Translate, I open ULS to choose a language, I type a random string to ensure no language is found.

In suggestions under You may be interested in: section, there is 2 “Hausa” languages: the first one has got “Hausa” tiltle and data-code="ha" attribute, the second one has undefined title and data-code="ha-latn" attribute. I can select the second one and &language=ha-latn parameter is added to URL.

I am not sure about this bug origins:

  • I have hacked Special:Translate using a fake &uselang value →T279252
  • I have set my default language preference as Hausa (ha)
  • I also tried to set my default language preference to ha-latn manually editing <select name="wplanguage"> option value.

Event Timeline

Nikerabbit moved this task from Backlog to tux on the MediaWiki-extensions-Translate board.

Change 693668 had a related patch set uploaded (by Amire80; author: Amire80):

[mediawiki/extensions/UniversalLanguageSelector@master] Update jquery.uls and jquery.ime from upstream

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/693668

Change 693668 merged by jenkins-bot:

[mediawiki/extensions/UniversalLanguageSelector@master] Update jquery.uls and jquery.ime from upstream

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/693668

I can’t reproduce anymore, this seems indeed fixed. 🙂

Amire80 claimed this task.
Amire80 added a subscriber: Amire80.

❤️