Name: Awan Shrestha
Location: Lalitpur, Nepal
Typical working hours: 3 PM - 8 PM (GMT+ 5:45)
The project will be a guided adventure tour on MediaWiki and MetaWiki to give users insight on “How to create userscript on Wikimedia projects” based upon 3-4 projects.
I have experience of the skills sets mentioned for the project. The Wikipedia Adventure is really a great project. I have always been an admirer of such guided adventure tools where users feel like they are just playing games and learning at the same time. Learning new things, creating something out of them and sharing my knowledge with someone has always been my biggest passion. I have been conducting several workshops and programs to empower other students and helping others learn is what I love to do. I am familiar with all the required skills set for this project and my creativity will surely help to complete this project in best way.
April 15 - May 15
- Learn more about project and brainstorm for the idea for better guided interaction.
- Solve given tasks.
- Learn in depth about userscripts.
May 17 - June 7
- Community bonding period.
- Gather new ideas about the project, learning and getting the insights from others.
- Study existing guided UX/UIs and learn about their effectiveness.
- Brief review on tools to be used.
June 7 - July 12
- Create the paper prototype for Guided Tutorial.
- Rework and review in the prototype.
- Create mockup using design tool. (Adobe XD or Figma preferred)
- Review of prototype using Don Norman's Principle and usability survey for the prototype.
- Start building the static part of the prototype in HTML, CSS.
July 12 - July 16
- Evaluation of the work done.
July 16 - August 16
- Create necessary documentations.
August 16 - August 23
- Code Submission and evaluation
August 23 - August 30
- Final Evaluation
For the communication and publishing the code, I will follow the suggestions by the mentor and I am flexible to use any tool or platform.
Tell us about a few:
- I am currently studying Computer Engineering at Kathmandu University.
- I heard about this program on YouTube.
- I will be having online classes of college during the period. The classes typically runs from 9 AM to 3 PM (GMT + 5:45)
- I haven't applied to Outreachy.
- Helping others gives me a sense of satisfaction. To be able to build a project which will help others, I will feel good.
En Sat is a miniature version of an environmental satellite, which provides you information about environmental paremeters altitude, temperature, humidity, pressure, dust and pressure level of present time as well as past data of upto 24 hours in graph charts and tables.
Hami Nirogi is a client application developed to access data on the website supported by the client. It is a mobile application that provides health-related statistics, such as illness details, signs and medication statistics. It offers search options for multiple medications and gives information about the dose, the generic name, and other health-related information.
My First Doctor
My First Doctor is a health application that helps users to know about diseases, first aid, food tips and important contact numbers. It is written in C++ using Qt framework.
Any Other Info
Last year I did an internship at Abhiyantrik Technology as a Front End Developer and I have been doing side projects in college for past 3 years. Some repos are available in my GitHub.
Just recently, my team was World Finalist in Imagine Cup 2021.