Requestor provided information and prerequisites
This section is to be completed by the individual requesting access.
- Wikitech username: Schoenbaechler
- Email address: email@example.com
- Requested group membership: analytics-privatedata-users
- Reason for access: Access to superset presto dashboards (without SSH)
- Name of approving party (manager for WMF/WMDE staff): Lucy Blackwell
- Ensure you have signed the L3 Wikimedia Server Access Responsibilities document: ?
- Please coordinate obtaining a comment of approval on this task from the approving party.
SRE Clinic Duty Confirmation Checklist for Access Requests
This checklist should be used on all access requests to ensure that all steps are covered, including expansion to existing access. Please double check the step has been completed before checking it off.
This section is to be confirmed and completed by a member of the SRE team.
- - User has signed the L3 Acknowledgement of Wikimedia Server Access Responsibilities Document.
- - User has a valid NDA on file with WMF legal. (All WMF Staff/Contractor hiring are covered by NDA. Other users can be validated via the NDA tracking sheet)
- - User has provided the following: wikitech username, email address, and full reasoning for access (including what commands and/or tasks they expect to perform)
- - access request (or expansion) has sign off of WMF sponsor/manager (sponsor for volunteers, manager for wmf staff)
- - access request (or expansion) has sign off of group approver indicated by the approval field in data.yaml
For additional details regarding access request requirements, please see https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_shell_access
Original ticket description:
According to @SNowick_WMF, I need to request access to this:
You need to make sure you are added to the analytics-privatedata-users group in order to view non-public data. (Ticket here)
There is a Template task for requesting group access (without SSH access) that's fairly elaborate but you can just request access to that one group and should be good to go: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T271602