Group coordinator is:
This is a task to collect ideas and progress from the group of volunteers who agreed to help with event logistics at Wikimedia Hackathon 2024 in Tallinn.
- Help with event logistics (e.g., moving things around, changing room setup between plenary and hacking, etc.)
- Be active in the Telegram Channel dedicated to volunteers and participate in in-person syncs at the beginning of each day during the Hackathon.
- Be a point of contact for the volunteer group and lead coordination efforts!
- Reach out to potential volunteers a few weeks before the event via email, informing them about their roles and responsibilities and asking them to subscribe to this Phabricator task to stay up to date. Organizers will share a spreadsheet with contact details.
- Invite volunteers to join the WMHack 2024 Volunteers channel on Telegram.
- Sync up with volunteers of your group at the beginning of each day during the event and provide the necessary support to volunteers & organizers.
- After the event, ensure no volunteering-related task remains to be resolved on Phabricator. Send a thank you message to volunteers in the form of a Wiki love token. It will be shared by organizers with all leaders soon.