Page MenuHomePhabricator

External file usage links have a namespace prefix too much
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

As example
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portail:Animaux_de_compagnie#mediaviewer/Fichier:Golden_retriever_welpe_meer.jpg
"On other sites:"
"Benutzer:Vorderstrasse" links to https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Benutzer:Vorderstrasse
(note the "Utilisateur:" was added 1) in wrong localized and 2) unnecessary as already page prefixed with namespace)


Version: master
Severity: normal
See Also:
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=63908

Details

Reference
bz64910

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
bzimport set Reference to bz64910.
bzimport added a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).
Se4598 created this task.May 5 2014, 6:14 PM

This is because we ask the GU API call for the URL but then we ignore it and create a mw.Title object which is then localised for the user's current UI language...or maybe the current wiki's content language? Anyway, it's obviously wrong, we just need to start using the URL that we ask for and it will be fine.

Tracked at https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/multimedia/cards/570

  • Bug 65800 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Tgr added a comment.Jun 6 2014, 12:53 AM
  • Bug 66211 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Change 138999 had a related patch set uploaded by Gergő Tisza:
Fix URL handling for global usage list

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/138999

Change 138999 merged by jenkins-bot:
Fix URL handling for global usage list

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/138999

Gilles moved this task from Untriaged to Done on the Multimedia board.Dec 2 2014, 8:54 AM