That being said, I agree with the proposed solution. I much prefer a simple experience that works to a fancy experience that is frequently broken.
Checked in betalabs
- opening Flow page links (incl menu) in a different tab/window will display noJS text area -no editing icons (VE/wikitext) but no JS errors
The screenshot shows:
Right click on 'Edit post' will display noJS text area without icons. Reply area displays the 'Reply' label as a link.
Clicking on 'Reply to' link will display also text area without the editing icons:
- the functionality was tested and seems to unaffected
- there are some edge minor cases( listed below) that may raise some usability concerns.
- right-click Echo messages (primary link and other links) brings normal JS pages
- Right -clicking on the watch icon (the star - flow-unwatch mw-ui-icon or flow-watch) will display the topic title id instead of the topic title. The regular watchlist UI does not display topic ids.
- It's possible to right-click on just the dotdotdot menu itself - flow-menu-js-drop - which will open about:blank page
- Right-click on 'Thanks' will bring up Special:Thanks page, e.g. http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:Thanks/Flow/t4ih2q66pn26t
It's possible to right-click on just the dotdotdot menu itself ..
Reminds me of the old joke:
Man: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
Doctor: "Don't do that."
Which is to say, I think we can live with the described behavior. If anyone sees this differently, please reopen the ticket. Thanks for your thorough checking @Etonkovidova.