Page MenuHomePhabricator

Migrate languages and ui links browser tests to JJB
Closed, ResolvedPublic3 Story Points

Description

Several tests cannot be run with JJB without specific setup steps (config change and sql query). They are tagged @smoke but not @integration. Using the LocalSettings.php in tests/browser to do this.

tests/browser/features/ui_links.feature
7: @smoke
17: @smoke

tests/browser/features/language.feature
11: @smoke

We should update the LocalSettings.php file in the browser tests directory to take care of the SQL query and licensing tests so that these run.

Event Timeline

Jdlrobson created this task.Aug 4 2015, 5:37 PM
Jdlrobson raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
Jdlrobson updated the task description. (Show Details)
Jdlrobson added a project: Readers-Web-Backlog.

Change 229019 had a related patch set uploaded (by Jdlrobson):
WIP: Other tests that do not pass

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/229019

Jhernandez renamed this task from Migrate languages and ui links to JJB to Migrate languages and ui links browser tests to JJB.Aug 5 2015, 9:51 AM
Jhernandez set Security to None.
Jhernandez triaged this task as Normal priority.Aug 5 2015, 5:14 PM
Restricted Application added a project: Readers-Web-Backlog. · View Herald TranscriptAug 13 2015, 8:51 PM

@phuedx @bmansurov @rmoen @Jdlrobson Are we going to be able to do this or should we just skip them?

It'd be nice to know what to do to clean up the blocked epic if we can.

We can now provide a custom configuration that gets included during the Jenkins build. I guess we can run a SQL query as well as setting configuration variables…

Jdlrobson updated the task description. (Show Details)Aug 31 2015, 4:15 PM
Jdlrobson updated the task description. (Show Details)Sep 1 2015, 11:15 PM
KLans_WMF edited a custom field.Sep 2 2015, 4:12 PM
Jdlrobson moved this task from To Do to Doing on the Reading-Web-Sprint-55-π board.

Change 235636 had a related patch set uploaded (by Jdlrobson):
QA: Run language browser tests per commit

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/235636

Jdlrobson added a subscriber: dduvall.

Anyone have any ideas with how to get https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/235635 to pass? What am I doing wrong in the LocalSettings.php? There seems to be a permissioning issue... @dduvall @phuedx @bmansurov any ideas? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

^ Might have worked it out. Fingers crossed.

So I renamed my LocalSettings and setup a new wiki using a new database qa.
I ran the tests locally and they did indeed fail the first time however I noticed that on navigating around the wiki the privacy link was visible on some pages. I'm thus assuming this is down to cached pages and have switched from testing against the main page to testing against a non-cached non-existence page. Fingers crossed https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/235635 and https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/235636 will pass.

Change 235636 merged by jenkins-bot:
QA: Run language browser tests per commit

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/235636

phuedx closed this task as Resolved.Sep 7 2015, 12:01 PM
phuedx moved this task from Code Review to Ready for Signoff on the Reading-Web-Sprint-55-π board.

This is a technical task. Also, Jenkins says "+2".