Prior to adding wikidata aliases to cirrus indices we should first evaluate what would be the benefit.
We could write a simple script for that purpose:
- loop over sample of cirrus docs with a wikibase entity (could be done with a dump and IdHashMod).
- extract aliases from wikidata (https://www.wikidata.org/w/api.php?action=wbgetentities&ids=Q42&props=aliases)
- run a query with each alias and against the cirrus index
- count the number of zero results
In the end if the ZRR is high then it's possible that adding aliases could help to reduce Cirrus ZRR. If it's low then it's not worth the effort as it means wikidata aliases are already included in cirrus docs.
We should run 2 different tests:
- add aliases from the same language
- add all aliases