Top priority for sprint - we should aim to get this in the 14th Dec deployment train
The data collected in T118041 could be interpreted by skeptics as saying:
- Users do not know that they can open content (bad UX)
- People are coming from search and unable to find the content they want e.g. via find in page
To explore this and provide answers we will run an A/B test in stable using a slight schema change. (note since we are already running on a 1% sample, only 0.05% will load the mobile site with sections open by default.
This will allow us to draw some conclusions such as:
- If users do not scroll headings into view => people are satisfied with lead section only to get the information they need
- Is toggling bad or good for users - e.g. if users see more sections when the sections toggled open it suggests we are disrupting the reading experience.
- Update schema revision to 14957482
- The new schema has a "scrolled-into-view" event. This should be triggered when the top of the heading is scrolled into the user's viewport.
- The new schema has a "isTestA" field - this should be true for 50% of the bucketed users.
- When isTestA is true, sections should not be collapsed by default on the mobile site.