Date: 1 May 2016
Time: 13:00 UTC
Description: First meeting to discuss the project and talk about the plan and lay down norms of working.
- Meet the first time
- Consensus on plan and timeline (project plan)
- Decide on weekly meeting timings - 6pm India
- Suggestions on ways to do 'community bonding'
- Create a common workflow (norms of working, eg: Review procedure of code)
- Focus for python2 or python 3 ?
- List of tags actually needed in commons (Review of list of things done by catimages)
- Priority of file types (jpg, png, audio, video, pdf, etc)
Minutes of the Meeting:
- Project plan details will be decided a little later as scope of catimages is not completely known yet. This can be a changing plan, but the rough plan in the proposal should be followed. Other than that, the weekly objectives decided in the weekly meetings should be accomplished.
- Weekly meetings in IRC (channel # gsoc-catimages): Sat 12:30 UTC (18:00 India, 14:30 CEST)
- Every second week in Skype: Sat 12:30 UTC (18:00 India, 14:30 CEST)
- General (faster) communication by: IRC, mail
- Community bonding objectives:
- Need to get in touch with the pywikibot and commons community.
- The pywikibot community has been done to some extent. Solving more bugs and doing more code reviews would be great.
- Bonding with commons needs to be worked on. Need to do edits, file uploads, etc on commons. Attempt to target 20-100 useful edits per day for this week.
- Possible tech related tasks in commons:
- Handle categories related to Unidentified people
- The Wikipedia Zero program in Bangladesh and Angola being misused using fake formats: T129845 and T131934
- Identify whether a photo is meant to be in landscape or portrait using OpenCV
- There is no specific common workflow decided yet. Public Github repos will be used for now where no specific code review and so on will be carried out. Later when merging it or using it, this will be decided.
- Python2 was considered the main target. Mainly because pywikibot-core is not going to stop supporting python 2.7 any time soon. Hence, Python3 should be kept in mind when coding, but python2 is the main target for this GSoC atleast.
- There is a list of all metadata and categories which are analyzed by catimages here - https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Zl7V7KuK7J
- Need to get in touch with the commons community to understand better what categories they like.
- Understand what sort of categories are needed by commons.