Click through to the alternate wiki
Query reformulation after being showed alternate wiki results
- A clarification: tracking query reformulation by the user is interesting and useful in its own right, as a way of getting possible alternative versions of a query (e.g., for automatic correction). In this case, the idea is that a reformulated query from the user without a clickthrough to another wiki after presenting other-language cross-wiki results indicates that the results were not useful.
Other ideas that came up:
- looking at satisfaction metrics for all queries identified as being in another language in one big bucket, vs looking at by-language buckets. (e.g., on enwiki, results in Spanish/from eswiki are good, but results in French/from frwiki are not.)
- looking at satisfaction metrics for queries based on number of cross-wiki results (1 result may be a fluke, 5000 results means the language is probably right).
I'll also try to get others to take a peek over here and add more.
Perhaps interesting, but maybe not a factor in deciding to keep the feature:
- % of zero result requests that now get results
- % of requests that were provided inter-wiki results that click on one