- MediaWiki.Files.ClassMatchesFilename.NotMatch" />
- MediaWiki.Files.ClassMatchesFilename.WrongCase" />
- MediaWiki.Files.OneClassPerFile.MultipleFound" />
Runing phpcs without those sniffs gives 47 errors and 3 warnings in 8 files.
Google Code In
@Jdlrobson will mentor this.
The task should be timeboxed till 2-3hrs - work on re-enabling one sniff at a time. If you exceed the timebox push what you managed - every little bit helps!
To get setup install https://github.com/squizlabs/PHP_CodeSniffer globally and then run the following inside the MobileFrontend repo
phpcs -p -s
They should all pass as we are excluding certain rules inside .phpcs.xml
- Remove a sniff from the .phpcs.xml file, run composer phpcs or phpcs -p -s, get a list of violations, provide patches in Wikimedia Gerrit to fix the violations. If you fix all violations for one sniff, also commit the removal of the exclusion from .phpcs.xml too.
- As many of the sniffs are made to pass as is possible.
- If a sniff can't be made to pass for some reason, then document it as close as possible to the line disabling the sniff.